Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tibetan Buddhist Society

This one was an adventure. The Tibetan Buddhist Society is located in the Swan Valley. At the time I took these photos, I was researching Tibetan Buddhist Gardens as precedence for my Honours project. I had prior called Les, who is the care-taker of the temple and he was a bundle of joy. He wasn't interested in what I was doing and was most definite that I was not allowed to take photos of the temple. He said something about me using the photos to make money... As if. So, seeing as I wasn't welcome, I decided to go there uninvited and take photos anyway.

There were electronic gates leading into the property and when we approached they were open so we drove in thinking nothing of it. Well, Paul didn't like the idea of entering but I assured him that it'd be ok. We drove in, took a couple of quick photos and rushed to get back through the gates before they closed or anyone saw us. I'm not sure why we felt like we were doing something naughty, it's a Buddhist temple for crying out loud not a secret military base! We could see the gates a hundred metres or so in front of us, and as we drove closer, they began to close. Panic. And from the little cottage in front of the temple came a lady yelling, Can I help you?. Doomed. You're not allowed in here. Busted. Quick hide the camera. As the lady approached our car we froze on the spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment