Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dog Swamp

For as long as I remember, my mum and aunt would shop at Action (now Woolworths) in Dogswamp Shopping Centre. Almost every afternoon after-school, my cousin, younger brother and I would clamber into the shopping trolley and cruise the aisles of the supermarket watching our mothers shop for goodness knows what. After-school time adventures aside, this post is in memory of the real Dog Swamp, or at least the Dog Swamp of the 90s!


The Dog Swamp landmark. The gate and bridge aside, the swamp is unrecognisable to what is was. I'm not suggesting that the new landscape is not an improvement, because it is, but I feel that it's lost its charm.

Dogswamp shopping centre and Flinders Square over the green wall.


Here lies the location of the old toilet block. The child within me recalls an awesome castle-like building painted white with a short maze before entering the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment