Thursday, June 10, 2010

South Fremantle Power Station

It was a surreal experience walking through the still landscape with an eerie abandoned power station as a backdrop. The building had a strong presence about it but I have a feeling it wasn't because of its size - spirit must develop with age. The still green pools surrounding the power station looked poisonous and walking around there made me feel like a character in tomb raider or something. I half expected giant pythons to come out of the pond's depths or pterodactyls to fly out from the broken windows. With all that inside my head (and being too much of a goody-two-shoes back then), I chickened myself out of climbing into the building and experiencing the rich colourful world (that I now know) which lies beyond those deceiving plain walls. Wish I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment